Job Opening: Community Organizer
Are you angry at the ongoing attacks on Arizona’s working families? Do you want to stand up against the exploitation of immigrant workers in our state? Do you want to engage young people in creating a better future for themselves and their families? If so, then we have the job for you.
CASE is looking for an experienced organizer to work in our Community Organizing, Youth Organizing, and Voter Engagement Programs.
Job Responsibilities: The Field Organizer’s responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting and training volunteer leaders who will build neighborhood action teams to drive CASE’s voter registration, immigration, and workers’ rights campaigns.
- Train volunteers on voter registration tactics, voter engagement canvassing, volunteer recruiting, and direct action.
- Maintain an accurate database of volunteer participation and voter engagement activities.
- Plan and execute voter engagement and direct action events.
- (Depending on experience) Train apprentice organizers and organizing interns.
- One year organizing or related experience.
- Commitment to economic justice, immigrants’ rights, and an equal voice in politics for all Arizonans.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and initiative.
- A desire to work with and mentor young people.
- Good communications skills.
- Good personal organization skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Adaptability and willingness to take direction.
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English (not a requirement but a definite plus).
- A good driving record and access to an automobile for work.
Terms of Employment:
- The Community Organizer Position is available immediately and runs through the end of 2017. There is a possibility of an extension or renewal of the position beyond 2017, depending on funding and a mutual desire between CASE and the Field Organizer.
- Community Organizer salary is competitive for a grass-roots voter education and community organizing position.
- Coordinator will receive either reimbursements or a car allowance to cover the expense of driving for campaign purposes.
Candidates interested in CASE’s Field Organizer position should contact CASE’s Executive Director Brendan Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org
CASE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.